Volunteer with EOLWA
Since our founding, the lifeblood of End of Life Washington has been our client support team. By speaking openly and candidly about death without judgment and without discomfort, volunteers empower their clients to maintain choice and control at the end of life. Our volunteer team includes physicians, hospice workers, social workers, registered nurses, psychologists, nurse practitioners, chaplains, attorneys, and others. End of Life Washington provides training and ongoing support for volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming an EOLWA Volunteer, please click “Apply to Volunteer with End of Life Washington Today” below:
Other Ways to Get Involved
End of Life Washington needs interested and dedicated community members to improve education and increase access to end-of-life choices. Some ways that you can get involved include:
- Contribute financially to End of Life Washington.
- Send letters to the editor or write opinion pieces supporting choice at the end of life.
- Talk with your physician about your choices for end-of-life care.
- Become an EOLWA Volunteer! Fill out the form below and let us know what gifts and skills you might be able to share with us.
“Peaceful death is really an essential human right, more essential perhaps even than the right to vote or the right to justice; it is a right on which, all religious traditions tell us, a great deal depends for the well-being and spiritual future of the dying person. There is no greater gift of charity you can give than helping a person to die well.”
– Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, Sogyal Rimpoche