Volunteer Client Adviser Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with End of Life Washington. Our Client Advisers work in their communities to deliver the most compassionate gift any of us can give a terminally or incurably ill person; the ability to talk openly and honestly about end of life options, including the Death with Dignity Act.
Client Advisers provide support and advice to the client and their family and offer personal presence at the time of a Death with Dignity. It is profoundly meaningful work that requires flexibility in schedule, monthly meetings, access to technology, a willingness to drive to see clients, and some weekend or evening work.
Our most successful Client Advisers possess:
- A clear sense of self, including beliefs, personal boundaries, limitations, and available energy
- Ability to set aside any personal agenda to listen with compassion and hold space for clients exploring end-of-life options
- Maturity, sound judgement, and healthy boundaries that allow space for situations to unfold, without becoming absorbed
- A willingness to commit to a minimum of one year serving as a Client Adviser
- Ability to attend monthly meetings either in person or virtually
- Cell phone and laptop, PC, MAC or iPad required (to access a client data base)