What We Do
We can help you
If you or someone you know needs information and support related to end-of-life options, End of Life Washington can help.
We can offer support for:
- Talking to your loved ones about dying.
- Making decisions about what you want at the end of life.
- Talking to your physician about hospice, palliative care, and pain management.
- Finding hospice providers.
- Understanding all options to achieve a peaceful death including Washington’s Death with Dignity Act and Voluntary Stopping Eating and Drinking (VSED).
The Washington Death With Dignity Act
The act allows terminally ill adults to request a prescription for life-ending medication from physicians. Patients must be Washington State residents, have less than six months to live, be capable of making an informed decision, and have the ability to self-administer the prescribed medication.
We can offer:
- Information and guidance through the process.
- Help with talking to your doctors about Death with Dignity.
- Assistance locating participating physicians and pharmacists for clients.
- Personal support and presence at the time of using the Death with Dignity Act.
How We Help
End of Life Washington offers the following:
- Free client support resources.
- Tools and Planning Advance Directive forms.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Advance Directive forms.
- POLST (Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment) forms.
- Additional Advance Directive documents and information.
- WonderFile (file organizer with end-of-life planning documents).
- Presentations on End-of-life care planning, Advance Directives, and Washington’s Death with Dignity Act.
Bereavement groups meet via Zoom and provide an opportunity to share with others whose loved ones exercised their right to use Washington’s Death with Dignity Law. This year, we will also offer a group for those whose loved ones Voluntarily Stopped Eating and Drinking (VSED). If you are mourning the loss of a loved one who chose Death with Dignity or VSED, contact facilitator Sally Thomae, MSW, at email@example.com to ask about our upcoming groups.
Overview of what End of Life WA can do for you
End of Life Washington is a statewide organization that supports people preparing for their final days. We advocate for the right to a peaceful death. There is never a fee for our services.
Download the pdf
“Thank you for everything you did. The support and information you provided was invaluable. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.”