End of Life Washington Educational Presentations
End of Life Washington provides free presentations on end-of-life options including Advance End-of-Life Planning, Death with Dignity, and Voluntary Stopping Eating and Drinking (VSED).
Presentations can be customized to fit your group’s needs and are suitable for the general public and community groups. We also provide presentations for health care professionals, hospice staff and providers, undergraduate and graduate students (including medical, nursing, social work and other healthcare provider programs), caregivers, and support groups.
End of Life Ready: An Introduction to Advance Planning and your End-of-Life Options
Prepare now, reduce anxiety for yourself and those you love.
A 40 minute engaging presentation with stories, resources followed by Q&A, suitable for adults of all ages, community groups and organizations.
No one plans to become seriously ill, disabled or unable to make healthcare decisions. Planning is a way to ensure you get the healthcare you want–and none of the medical interventions you do not want.
Presentation is customizable to include or focus on specific topics (including those below) or to be paired with partner organizations on leaving your legacy for loved ones, financial and legal planning, etc.
Other Presentation Topics and Focus Areas
- Washington’s Death with Dignity Law: How to access Medical Aid in Dying in Washington
- Voluntary Stopping Eating and Drinking (VSED): A peaceful end-of-life option
- Advance Planning: Choosing a Health Care Agent and Advance Directives for Health Care
- Ensuring Medical Interventions follow your wishes and values
- How to talk to your doctor about end-of-life treatment preferences and concerns
- Film screening and Q&A/Discussion – How to Die in Oregon, Speaking of Dying, Bob’s Choice
- Advocacy for improving Death with Dignity and Advance Directives in Washington
- Your rights at the end-of-life: Stopping Treatment, Death with Dignity and other options