We can help you
If you or someone you know needs information and support, End of Life Washington can help with:
- Talking to your loved ones about dying.
- Making decisions about what you want at the end of life.
- Talking to your physician about hospice, palliative care, and pain management.
- Finding hospice providers.
- Understanding all options to achieve a peaceful death including Washington’s Death with Dignity Act.
- Free client support services.
- Healthcare Advance Directive forms.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Advance Directive forms.
- Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) forms.
- Advance Planning documents and information.
- WonderFile (file organizer with end-of-life planning documents).
- Presentations on End-of-life care planning, Advance Directives, and Washington’s Death with Dignity Act.
The Washington Death With Dignity Act
The act allows terminally ill adults to request a prescription for life-ending medication from physicians. Patients must be Washington State residents, have less than six months to live, be capable of making an informed decision, and have the ability to self-administer the prescribed medication.
We can offer:
- Information and guidance through the process.
- Help with talking to your doctors about Death with Dignity.
- Assistance locating participating physicians and pharmacists for clients.
- Personal support and presence at the time of using the Death with Dignity Act.