- This event has passed.
“Speaking of Dying” Anniversary Cocktail Party
April 29 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
End of Life Washington will be tabling at this event.
Anniversary Cocktail Party!
Celebrating two years of “Speaking of Dying” Screenings & Workshops
Saturday, April 29th, 2017
4 p.m. Film Screening, plus Q&A with People Featured in the Film
5–6:30 p.m. Celebration Cocktail Party
• Short program with emcee Gary Davis, featuring stories and music
• Delicious alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks created by A. J. Rathbun, Seattle Magazine columnist, author and renowned bartender
• Fantastic appetizers and treats
• Presentation and book signing by Phyllis Shacter, featured in “Speaking of Dying.” Her brilliant new book “Choosing to Die” chronicles her husband’s death using Voluntary Stopping Eating and Drinking (VSED).
• Fun raffle items, plus enlightening displays of end-of-life options and resources
Please come! And invite others! Help us continue to expand the reach of this important and necessary work.
The “Speaking of Dying” film premiered on April 16, 2015. Since then we’ve held over 100 screenings, reaching more than 5,000 viewers in five states. Many families and groups of friends have also watched the DVD together, sparking meaningful end-of-life conversations.
Ten Heartwork Facilitators now offer personal, in-depth end-of-life planning workshops in Washington, California and Minnesota. Meet the facilitators and learn more about our work at the party.
“Peaceful death is really an essential human right, more essential perhaps even than the right to vote or the right to justice… There is no greater gift of charity you can give than helping a person to die well.”
– Sogyal Rinpoche, “The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying”